2/04/2009

Oxford markets

Today our business studies group went on a study trip to the center of Oxford to compare two markets: the Covered Market and the Gloucester Green Wednesday Market!

The Covered Market
The Covered Market is really popular in Oxford - it has many shops, which offer a variety of different goods: food, clothes, decoration stuff etc. The food prices are lower than in Sainsbury's or Tesco's, however, I would rather buy food for a higher price in a shop then in this market. I don't know why, but I suppose it's because of my stereotype about markets, as in Russia we have really awful ones where the quality of goods isn't worth even trying. But I can't deny that there are some really good places there - mmm, the cake shop is precious (and expensive :( )! The place is located in the center of the city and has a big area, but it's also so dirty and on weekends it's full of people.

The Gloucester Green Wednesday Market
The Gloucester Green Wednesday Market didn't impress me at all and I saw it before only once - in September. It works only on Wednesdays, that's why I don't think that it's possible to compare the two markets: obviously, the covered one is much more profitable.
This market is full of people and goods, I had a terrible headache while being there. It is outside on the street, so it was really cold there.
The only advantage of this market is its low prices.

But still, I enjoyed our trip a lot and I think that it's important to have some practical tasks in Business Studies such as this trip!

1 comment:

chris sivewright said...

How is your DAILY blog coming along - you know, the one you write every day!