9/21/2008

What explains the different package sizes for DVDs and CDs when the discs are the same size?

Everybody knows the difference between DVD and CD discs, we watch movies and some video on DVDs and we listen to music on CDs (well, actually, now people prefer mp3 for music listening, but, for example, I still buy CDs).

So, to underline this difference, manifacturers have decided to have different package sizes for DVDs and CDs, so customers won't be confused. When DVDs were something brand new for people, they could easily put DVD disc into their CD players thinking that it would work. So the size of package prevent people from using discs in the wrong way.

3 posts more and I'm done for this week.

4 comments:

chris sivewright said...

It is not a question of ONLY doing 'a number of posts in a week' but of continually practising a) English and b) Economics. You should look at this as a journey to a grade A in Economics not as a task that has to be done and then finished with!

Mary said...

yes, I understand that.
but I still have some work to do, don't I?

chris sivewright said...

Yes but the point is that when you write: "3 posts more and I'm done for this week." that gives the impression that you will stop work.

I have just finished creating an ENORMOUS amount of work for you tomorrow...

Mary said...

good news indeed!